Wednesday 17 June 2015

review of sardarjii (punjabi film)

This is the first Punjabi album I am writing the review for and I may not understand all the lyrics as Punjabi is not my language. Sardarjii is an album I am expecting a lot from the main reason being that almost all songs are sung by Diljit Dosanjih and he has never disappointed me and I hope he will not here.

I love U ji- The song starts off completely different from my expectations. I was expecting this to be a cheezy and peppy song but it starts off with a very slow and melodic tune which was totally unexpected. Then the song becomes a typical Diljit song and Diljit is a great actor and singer so this song is a winner and I loved this song.

Roku Keda- This song starts off with  typical punjabi drums and then comes the only non Diljit song and this would have been so better if Diljit sang it but it is still a fun song with still Punjabi traditional sounds in it. Overall a decent listen.

Sardarjii- The song starts off with some Bhangra music and then comes Diljit's powerful vocals and after listening to this song, anyone would want to get up and start dancing but after sometime the song may get repetitive and it is a title song and title songs are generally repetitive. I loved the whisper vocals at the end.  Diljit saves this song from being boring.

Taare Mutiyaare- This song is the best song of the album .It starts off with some soulful peace of music and then takes us to the sounds of the green fields of Punjab and Haryana. This song is a beautiful one and Diljit handles it excellently as if it is tailor made for him but even Hardy Sandhu would have been a good choice for this song. An excellent song and you should keep this one on loops.

Time- This is just a routine Punjabi song with nothing new but I am such a big fan of Diljit that even if he sings the same thing again and again I will still love it. This song has the same Bhangra sounds in the background and I will be waiting to see this on big screen when I watch this film in theatre. You can wait for the movie to listen to this.

Veer Vaar-  This is one of the strongest tracks of the album and instantly makes an impact even with the start tune and then becomes a likeable track with Diljit's vocals again making a striking impact. This song is a cool listen and I think a really good end to an impressive album.

This album was very good. Although songs were not so great but still Diljit's singing has taken this album to a different level and his acting will take these songs to a different world. A must listen for Diljit fans.

My picks- I love U ji, Taare Mutiyaare, Veer Vaar

Rating- 3.5 stars out of 5







No comments:

Post a Comment